Civil Engagement Group call for equality, transparency and sustainability in Budget 2018.
The Civil Engagement Group in the Seanad is calling on the Government to deliver equality, transparency and sustainable development in Budget 2018. The group have highlighted five principles which they say should underpin the budgetary decision-making.
1. Budget 2018 must deliver joined-up thinking for sustainable development.
2. Budget 2018 must prioritise investment in public services and social infrastructure
3. Budget 2018 must address social, economic and gender inequality
4. Budget 2018 must be clear and transparent around taxation
5. Budget 2018 must meet international standards and commitments.